Magento vs. Shopify – Which is the Right E-commerce Platform For You?Magento vs. Shopify – Which is the Right E-commerce Platform For You? https://i0.wp.com/www.noitechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/Magento-vs.-shopify-for-ecommerce.jpg?fit=2083%2C1250&ssl=1 2083 1250 Visvendra Singh https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/0e675e9b7fca446afd5ff8a5c60343b9?s=96&r=g
Magento and Shopify are two popular E-Commerce platforms available in the market that lets you create your own E-Commerce store. While both the platforms offer numerous features and advantages, this blog provides you with the information to help you make the right decision by getting to know about the differences of Magento vs. shopify.
The growth opportunities for online businesses are immense, allowing business owners to leverage the market by launching an E-Commerce business. While various elements are needed to launch your digital store or E-commerce business, Shopify and Magento are two leading platforms available in the market that make your job of launching an online store easy. While both of these platforms may offer you remarkable features, it becomes important for you to access them well before making any decision.
To help you kickstart your journey of E-Commerce, This blog covers the essential points related to Shopify and Magento to give you better clarity.
Understanding Magento vs Shopify
Shopify and Magento are both commonly used platforms for E-Commerce businesses, but there are some points that make them differ from each other. Here are some of the points to help you understand both the platforms in an easy way:
- Shopify is a commercially owned solution to launch your e-commerce website or digital store, while Magento is an open-source E-Commerce CMS.
- Shopify offers you a ready-made solution to host your online store by using the tools and features available on the platform. On the other hand, Magento is an open-source platform that offers you code modules and a framework to build your E-Commerce website from scratch while utilizing the benefits of open-source resources.
- In terms of pricing, Magento is available for free, while Shopify packages range from around $9 to $299 per month.
Understanding Features: Magento vs Shopify
Before diving into the range of benefits and understanding which one is better than the other, it is important to understand the different features offered by both the platforms Magento vs. Shopify, which are as follows:
Features of Shopify
Here are different salient features of Shopify:
- Marketing Automation: Shopify has an integrated marketing solution to increase the conversion rate for your business. One of the top instances of this feature is, sending e-mails to the users who are yet to complete their purchases. There are various other numerous features that promote buying behaviour of consumers.
- Easy to Set Up: Shopify offers ease of setting up an online business or E-Commerce website without hassles of tough technicalities. One can easily use drag and drop or guided options to make the website live.
- Mobile Commerce: As per research, it has been found that user traction on mobile websites is increasing day by day, encouraging businesses to make their website up to the mark as per mobile devices. Shopify gives numerous options to make your e-commerce store mobile optimized.
- Marketing Integration: It is tough to scale a business without marketing tools. Shopify offers numerous E-Mail Marketing, SEO, and Content Management tools to help businesses win the edge in the competitive marketplace.
- In-Built Store Management Features: Shopify makes it easy for businesses to manage their orders and shipping by offering all the details in a dedicated dashboard to ease the order processing and fulfilment.
- Ease of Accounting: Shopify offers numerous payment gateway integration options for businesses to accept payments and makes taxation and accounting easy without any hassles.
- Dedicated App Store: Shopify has an app store that offers numerous tools and integrations that you can use to scale up your e-commerce functionality.
- Customer Support: Since Shopify is a managed platform, you can get instant support options if you are stuck anywhere while setting up your own e-commerce website.
Features of Magento
Here are various salient features of Magento:
- Open-Source: The Magento is an open-source platform that allows developers and business owners to use it according to their own choice and preference.
- Hosting Independent: The users may choose to install and set up Magento on their hosting or server, which is not possible in the case of Shopify.
- Custom Development: The best thing about Magento is that it offers businesses and developers an option to make custom websites as per their business needs. They can use Magento’s components and build the E-Commerce platform from scratch.
- Free to Use: The Magento is free forever as it doesn’t require you to buy any membership plan or pay on a recurring basis.
- Catalog Management: You can easily manage numerous products from a single dashboard to offer ease of buying to your consumers.
- Magento Marketplace: Developers can use pre-coded modules, themes, tools, or extensions from Magento Marketplace to deliver requirements and functionalities as required by your business.
- WYSIWYG Builder: This is the amazing functionality of Magento as it offers you to build web pages without the need for coding. This feature gives Magento takes a tough edge over Shopify.
The Conclusion: What to Choose?
While you might have got better insights into both the platforms, you might be in a state to decide which is the right platform for your E-Commerce business. In comparison, Shopify and Magento both platforms offer numerous features with both common and differentiating aspects. If you are the one who wants to save your time setting up your online business and have the capacity to pay, then Shopify can be your right pick. On the other hand, if you are looking to get your E-Commerce store built from scratch with specific business features, you might look towards investing in Magento Development to get desired results. Shopify is best for those consumers who want a ready-made solution to launch their business, but Magento is most preferred for those businesses that want a high level of customizations and integrations as per business requirements.